Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wow What a Weekend!

What a super busy holiday weekend! The kiddos left Thursday evening to go to their dad's. It's always so quiet without them. I have to find lots to do so the "quiet" doesn't get to me.

I got started bright and early Friday morning and was at a dead run for the rest of the weekend. I headed out at 8:30 am to go shopping in Evansville. There wasn't many yard sales going so I decided I would see what kind of sales the stores had. Shoe Carnival had their "buy one get one half off sale" so I bought shoes for me and Matthew. My shoes were originally $50, got them for $30. His shoes, get this!!, were originally $45, went on clearance for $14 and I got half off that cause of my shoes, so $7 for his shoes. Cat got a new shirt, but Hallie made out like a bandit. She needed new clothes worse than any of them and it's so hard to find her stuff to fit.


Later that afternoon I went to my sister's for a cookout and then on to Yellow Banks to see the fireworks at Jeremy's cousin's house. Yellow Banks I believe is redneck heaven. I used to live there years ago. I didn't realize how much I missed it till I was sitting there looking out at the lake. I met a "few" of Jeremy's cousins, yes a few compared to how many he really has. Jeremy and I have been together for 2 years and this is the first time I've really gotten to meet most of his family. They are a really nice bunch.

Then Sunday mom and Carrie wanted me to try this new church. I had to leave the service early to make it back up to Jeremy's before the reunion and dinner. I got to meet the rest of the clan. I had a really good time even though I was really nervous about meeting his family.

No comments: