Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Evening Out With the Kids

The 4-H fair is this week. The kids and I didn't get to go last year. We were very much in the poor house. But this year has been much more padded. We are so very thankful for our many blessings. We started with supper at home. Fair food can be so expensive. We went out to the fair grounds, which is only about a mile from our house, after supper. They rode some rides and played carnival games and had a great time. We were only out there for about an hour and a half. No one threw a fit when I said we needed to go.


In a way I was kind of suprised. Some days they are the best behaved kids you'll ever meet. Other days you might really consider knocking their heads together. But you know I have alot of those days too. Days when I'm an absolute bear to be around.


You know I just had a thought. I don't know how many times I've heard people complain about ill mannered children. Sometimes these same people want to make their children out to be perfect lil angels that never do anything bad. But anyways back to what I was thinking. Kids learn what they see. Think about a baby. They learn to talk by mimicing sounds. Younger siblings learn to play pretend games by watching their older siblings. Kids will throw fits and fight, but I think the snotty, better-than-thou attitudes some of them develop are most defiantely a learned trait from an adult or parent they are around. THINK--How does a child develop a potty mouth?? Say a bad word just once and you know that lil mouth will say it a hundred times over. I don't believe the bad wrap kids get these days should fall on their shoulders. It's us adults that need a good swift kick in the butt for not teaching our children better.

Soooooo anyways after the fair we made a run to Wally World for some flowers. I make arrangements for members of our church when they go to the hospital or some occasion that our pastor's wife will call and ask me to make something up. I love playing with flowers, but I just wish it was for a happier occasion and not sickness related. I only used a few of the flowers we got at the store. Most of them came out of my leftover box.

No comments: