Heads- keep my cleaning service going, tails- go back to a "real job". This has been weighing on my mind since I completed my taxes about a week ago. Time for a pro/con list.
Pros to staying self-employed--
- Make my own hours.
- I can take and pick up my kids from school.
- Weekends and holidays off.
- No overtime.
Cons to staying self-employed--
- Pay through the nose in taxes
- Most of the time cannot get a full day of work
- Have business expenses other than taxes
- No overtime, not even 35-40 hour weeks (paying hours)
Pros to going back to a "real job"-- (considering going into nursing)
- Full-time work
- Possibility of overtime
- Pay would be a little more than what I make now
- Chance for health insurance/ life insurance
- Possibility for other benefits
- interaction with other co-workers
- mom will probably get kids on and off to school
Cons of going back to a "real job"--
- Most likely working weekends and holidays
- probably need grandma/sitter to get the kids back and forth to school
- have a boss
- may have a different schedule every week
I'll add to the list as I think of more and if anyone reading this can think of something I might have overlooked, please leave me a note in the comments. :)