Sunday, June 8, 2008

Window Trouble

Replacing the broken window was a no-go today. :-(

I was told it would be the easiest thing to do. Just buzz out these screws, pop the old window out, put a bead of silicone around the new window and screw it into place. Sounds simple enough.

I started on it about 8 am, thinking it wouldn't be hot yet. Yeah right. At least it wasn't a 100 degrees, just about 90. Everything went like clock work until time to put the window up in place.

"Houston we have a problem!" The new window is about a half inch to big for the hole. I tried notching the frame out some, but I'm not the greatest with power tools. So I gave up and put the old window back in. Removed the broken pane of glass and will start my search for a piece of Plexiglas this weekend.

1 comment:

Elly said...

Hi! Found you through maryjanesfarm message boards - God bless you as you continue forward!

Elizabeth

http://post-oil-learning.blogspot.com/