Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy Weekend


The a/c went out Friday afternoon. I have been really grateful the temperature hasn't gone up too high. It's stayed right around 80 and little under. It got really warm in the house Friday and even hotter on Saturday.

Saturday I wasn't home much so the heat didn't really bother me. I started out early going to yardsales and the flea market and then to Flare on the Square. I've lived here most of my life and have never been to this event, so I decided it was time I checked it out. Games for the kids, food, music and of course homemade gooodies for sale. This gal had a candle booth set up. I found one in my favorite scent, LoveSpell. And then there was another one, and I'm not really sure exactly what the scent is but she called it Hillbilly Homebrew. It kinda reminds me of my dad's pipe tobacco.

Later Saturday evening, Jeremy and I went to Evansville to do our usual shopping and dinner. He's been talking about buying a guitar for as long as I've known him. He's been using his uncle's. So he finally bought one. The guys said he got a really good deal on a Martin. I guess you could say Jeremy's still a beginner, but I love to listen to him play.

I missed church this morning. I had to do something about the heat in this trailer. I got up early to dig the window screens out from underneath the house. Hosed all of them off and put them in. It is much cooler in here this evening. It's almost too cool.

No comments: