Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hallie "Bells"




My Hallie Bells is a child like no other. She is very lovable one minute and then meaner than a snake the next. Hallie has the most contagious laugh. At the end of the day, when we have been like mixing fire and gasoline, getting ready to go to bed, and she's still mad at me and I'm still not sure I'm real happy with her, I get a hold of her and tickle till she catches enough air to scream "MERCY!" It's amazing how laughter is an instant cure for bad feelings.

We have a dog, Ruby, and three outside cats; Gabriella, Stormy and Smokey. Hallie has a way with the critters. They love her, but I honestly can not understand why. Ruby's favorite toy is a rope tied in a knot. Usually Hallie has one end in her teeth and Ruby has a hold of the other end and they are both growling and carryin on. Hallie will play rough a little too much, Ruby will snap at her. They both go off pouting and now they are curled up on the couch together. Ruby will not sleep with me unless Hallie's in my bed too.

Hallie has always been kind of a terror to animals but I didn't realize how bad she could be until I happened to glance out the kitchen window this evening while making dinner. What did I see?! Hallie had a hold of Gabriella, our 8 week old baby kitty, dunking it in the water bowl, hind in first and then head first. If that wasn't bad enough, then she took it over to Jeremy's truck and tried to wash his truck with a soaking wet black kitty cat.

The poor little thing is fine now, although I do believe she really hates Hallie. Jeremy and Matthew saw her before I did and they just sat there in disbelief. I guess they thought Hallie could never be that mean. Jeremy is not a cat fan, but even he said that was just plain mean.

I asked Hallie just what did she think she was doing to that baby. She told me she wanted to give it a bath and Jeremy's truck was dirty too. Rotten, rotten, rotten.


No comments: