Saturday, June 7, 2008

Weekend Play and Work






My kiddos are spending the weekend with their dad. So it's just me and the critters and Jeremy when he gets off work.
One of our poor lil' babies got overheated yesterday. Just happened to be the same kitten Hallie just about drowned in the water bowl. Gabriella was so pitiful. Just laying around and every now and then let a rrrreeeooowwww. I brought her in and tried to get her to drink some cool milk. She took a little, but wasn't really up to it. I couldn't even get her to eat some lunch meat. I washed her face with a cool rag, but she just wasn't perking up. I really thought I was going to lose her. I put her in the bathroom and closed the door. (It stays really cool in there with the air running.) I went back about 15 minutes later to check on her and noticed she had moved around some. I picked her up and she moved her head around more than she had been doing. I took her back to the kitchen and got her to eat and drink quite a bit. She laid back down in her basket and took another good nap, before going back out for the evening. Gabriella is doing just fine today.




Saturday mornings are yard sale days! I did better than I usually do. I spent about $8 and got 5 tops for myself and a pair of capris, a pair of jeans for Matthew, a pair of boots for Caitie ( I almost passed them up, but thought nu-uh. Cowboy boots for a buck, better grab 'em.) and I got a really cool basket.







After all that I stopped at the grocery store for a couple of things and then came home and put my clothesline up. It's about time!

The day isn't over yet, I still have a house to clean, window to replace, dinner to cook and whatever else comes up...

No comments: