Thursday, August 12, 2010

Luke the Gumball Tree

Meet Luke our gumball tree. He is massive!
(Is it weird that we named our tree?)


Here's a closer shot of Luke~


The wind is not a friend of Luke's.
This is the little half of the limb that blew out in this afternoon's storm.



And this is the big half.
Hallie wanted in the shot too.


Remember I said "halves"
Yes it was one big limb that stretched from one side of the alley to the other.
It also took out the old cable/phone line to the neighbor's house.
We found an old, dull ax and I chopped it in half.
So much for feeling it tomorrow, I'm feeling it now!



There was a couple of good things that came about from this~
1. The kids gleaned bunches of gumballs and are now ready for their next battle.
And
2. Jeremy and his buddy had a good laugh at the thought of me swinging an ax.

I am reconsidering the thought of heating with wood some day. That's a lot of work! But it would also be an awesome workout.


No comments: