Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Almost Have My House Put Back Together!

Almost there! It all started yesterday when I got rid of that nasty old recliner. Normally when you think of threadbare furniture, you think of a few spots where the fabric is worn. This thing- there was practically no fabric left to it. After putting the dog outside I decided it was time for it to leave my home! I drug it over to the front door, wriggled it out onto the porch, pushed it off, loaded it into the back of the van and then hoisted it up into the dumpster.

When I got back into the house, what did I find but a big gaping hole that stood out like a sore thumb. So that began the deep clean and re-arranging of the living room. And that's not so bad to re-do one room. But now there isn't room for my gate leg table in the living room. Well I'm not about to part with that! It has to find a place somewhere in this house. Ah Ha! The kitchen! I just have to stack the cabinets and scoot this here and that there. Yeah I had to re-do the kitchen too. But the kitchen is pretty well finished. Just a couple of things to put away. The living room on the other hand. Ahhhh I still have a stack of boxes with junk to go through. The kiddos have 2 bags of stuffed animals and a stack of boxes with books in them to go through. After that maybe we'll be back to normal. OH CRUD! Where in the world am I gonna put the Christmas tree?! Do you really have to have a tree at Christmas? I'll figure something out surely.

I'm tired and sore. Hadn't really planned on doing the kitchen tonight, but got a call to clean tomorrow morning. So tomorrow evening I plan on working on candies and cookies and tote bag for a barter. I can not wait to get back to my crafts. I haven't worked on anything in so long. I wonder if I still know how to make anything. LOL

No comments: