Sunday, June 14, 2009

Well it's been awhile. I seem to be getting into the habit of this again. Of course it doesn't help that I've fallen off into that pool of wanting again. Seems to be happening more and more lately. At least I don't want everything I lay eyes on, just a house. Hahha I said that like it was nothing. Just like the little kid that wants that really expensive video game and their parent only has $5 to their name.

I didn't used to be this way. I used to always just be grateful for what I had. Maybe it's that I have been in this home for 4 years and I'm feeling a bit restless. This has been the longest I have ever lived in one place. Maybe it's that this small two bedroom mobile is about to suffocate me and three growing kids. Maybe it's the neighborhood. Maybe it's me. And maybe it's a little bit of everything.

I've been reading this book for the past few months. Yes it really does take a few months for me to finish a book. LOL It's called reading more than 3 at a time. I probably shouldn't do that. ahh oh well. The book is called Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and It's All Small Stuff. I can't recall the author's name off the top of my head. Anyhoo, one of the chapters is about appreciating what you have. Believe me I am trying to do this and I do really good. It's just when I get to the kids' bedroom I seem to lose focus.

In my mind I can come up with fairly simple solutions to fix most every problem with my home. I just can not seem to figure out a way to make their bedroom have more space. Hmm either I stumble upon a magic wand or find a house for sale on contract cheap.

No comments: