Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Couple More Creations


Taa Daa another jar light. This one is for mom. I feel like I should put something around the top of the jar like I did with the last two, but I have no idea what to use. Since mom gave me all these old buttons, it seemed only right to fill her jar with buttons.


Who has seen the Ladyslipper Issue of Mary Jane's Farm? I just found it today at Tractor Supply! I scimmed through it while I was waiting for the kiddos to get out of school. And isn't so coinky dinky that Mary Jane has a part in the new issue about "Rebooting"? Or you can call it recycling your old boots.

For the last couple of years I have been on a mission to find an old pair of boots to "reboot" or recycle into an arrangement. I found a pair at a yardsale several months ago for a dollar. I thought would fit my oldest daughter, but they didn't. I was about to send them to goodwill when it hit me. "No! Don't do that! These are the boots you wanted to re-do." So check them out.










Hallie's horsey blanket will be done soon. This is the first quilt I've ever made. I'm just amazed it's all in one piece. I really wanted to quilt it but I'm afraid I don't have the patience. I'm thinking I'll just tie it instead. And I still need to put the binding around it. The colors really don't match, but I think she'll like it.


1 comment:

Lisa Brawner said...

how neat the boots look !!!!!! love the quilt.