Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Recycled Goodie




Have you ever tried to find flowers during Memorial Day weekend? Yeah, I found it pretty hopeless this past weekend. Most people say, "You never know what you have till you lose it." I'd like to make a new variation of this, "You never know what you have till you clean out the closets!"

Everything used in this arrangement was dug out of a closet, a plastic storage tub or a cabinet. I love yard sales. I"m always picking up baskets, tins, anything I can use in an arrangement.

The pink peony flowers were from a flower arrangement my mom rescued from the church yard sale. The other flowers were from last years fall wreath. A little washing and they are good as new. The container, even though you can't really see it, is a teapot fashioned out of grape vinve twigs and other small wood pieces and chicken wire. It was very thrifty yard sale find for about 50 cents a couple of summers back. The humming bird came in a small box of asst. birds I found again at a yard sale for a whole quarter.

I found all sorts of other things while I was cleaning out the closets around the house. Can't wait for the weekend to see what else I can come up with.

No comments: